Why Jesus Ranks #1 as a Survival Strategy
The Jesus Survival Strategy
Most adults can relate to the need for some caffeine to get you going in the morning and sometimes to keep you going until bedtime.
A day without coffee is probably a day meant to be spent in bed, right?
Well, Jesus is really an even better remedy for all the struggles that come with life on earth. Thank God, to realize the survival benefits of Jesus, there is no reason to give up coffee.
All I Need is Jesus
A person like me who knows “All I need is Jesus” has a testimony. If we really mean those words, there is a personal story behind it. Jesus is the secret to really more than survival, though. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life of abundance he talks about in John 10:10b:
“I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.”
When you’re holding a cold cup of caramel macchiato or mocha Frappuccino or a hot cup of Café Americano, it can feel like you’re sipping the abundant life. But Jesus most certainly has a whole lot more to offer. The following are just a few of many promises of God that we find in the Bible, a vast number of which have proven to be true in my life. I’ve got stories! Do you?
- When we are resting in and looking to God, He will fight for us. (Exodus 14:14)
- If we honor our parents, He promises us long life. (Exodus 20:12)
- Those who hope in God will run and not get tired and will also walk through the daily grind of life without fainting or giving up. (From Isaiah 40:31)
- He truly sets us free from all the things that keep us from attaining our best. (John 8:36)
- He gives us what we pray for if we believe we have received it. (Mark 11:24)
- He meets all of our needs! (Philippians 4:19)
- He gives us the desires of our heart if we take delight in Him. (Psalm 37:4)
- He works out everything that happens for our good if we are among those called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)
Power to be Victorious
Jesus has given us something to look forward to every day. It’s wonderful to know that the creator of coffee beans didn’t leave us on the earth to trudge through in a state of fatigue and defeat. He has empowered us to be victorious.