Blessed Recipes For Christians In The Kitchen
It's that time again - you've got another church function and you're tired of making the same meals and recipes. Don't worry - Christian Strong is here to give you some hearty recipes to feed the bellies of everyone in the community. Plus, these are quick and easy to make with your busy schedule.
Lamb Lollipops with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Take your lamb chops to the next level with this recipe from Martha Stewart!
Ingredients: Paprika, Plain Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Cumin, Lamb Chops, Salt, Pepper, and Mint Sprigs
1. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, paprika, and cumin for a sauce.
2. Grill chops on medium, seasoned with salt and pepper, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
That's it! Easy, fun, and great for groups.
Fettuccine with Asparagus, Bacon, and Lemon
The Christian Science Monitor lists this one as a favorite!
Ingredients: asparagus, bacon, olive oil, lemon zest. parm cheese, and uncooked pasta.
1. Boil water for pasta. Prior to adding the pasta, add asparagus for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
2. Cook pasta for 6-8 minutes.
3. Cook bacon on medium and make them crisp. Empty the grease, and then crumble the bacon.
4. Put pasta into shallow bowls. Add parm cheese and serve!
Simple but always satisfying - just look at this recipe!
Ingredients: Ribeye or New York Strip steaks, vegetable oil, kosher salt, pepper, unsalted butter, fresh thyme, and garlic cloves.
1. Keep steaks out for 30 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a skillet for about 3 minutes.
3. Brown steaks for 3 minutes.
4. Flip and cook until preferred temperature, then flip and cook for the other side for 3 minutes.
5. Add butter, garlic, and thyme.
6. Finish cooking, transfer to plates and let sit for 5 minutes.
Click here for desired steak temperatures.
Tastes of Lizzy T calls this Hawaiian Meatloaf "sweet and tangy."
Ingredients: ground chuck, minced onion, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, chili sauce, crushed pineapple, chili sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish.
2. Combine beef, onion, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and chili sauce.
3. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
4. Mix pineapple and chili sauce together in a small bowl.
5. Brush sauce over meatloaf and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Rest meatloaf for five minutes.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Campbell's Soup calls this casserole "comforting and reliable."
Ingredients: Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, milk, chopped pimiento, frozen peas, tuna, medium egg noodles.
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Stir the soup, milk, peas, tuna, and noddle in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
3. In a separate bowl, stir bread crumbs and butter.
4. Bake tuna mixture for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
5. Stir tuna mixture and add bread crumbs.
6. Bake for 5 minutes.
Yummy and healthy meatballs are for every occasion and make for many uses!
Ingredients: lean ground beef, onion finely chopped, dried bread crumbs,
minced garlic cloves, egg, parmesan cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper, and parsley.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with spray.
2. Mix together onion, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, cheese, ketchup, salt. pepper, and parsley.
3. Add ground beer and mix until combine. Then make into 1 inch balls or however large you desire!
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes - that's it!
Food Networks recipe provides even the most novice level chefs with a great hearty meal.
Ingredients: vegetable oil, beef chuck, salt, pepper, butter, onions, garlic cloves, tomato paste, flour, cold water, chicken, or beef broth, parsley, thyme, leaves, potatoes, carrots, celery, peeled tomatoes, red wine vinegar.
1. Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour in oil.
2. Season beef with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes.
3. Put beef on a plate.
4. Preheat oven to 3225, add a pot to the stove and melt the butter over the heat. Add garlic nad cook.
5. Add tomato paste and cook.
6. Add reserve beef and put flour over the mixture and stir until toasted.
7. Add water and lightly simmer.
8. Add parsley, thyme, and bay leaves.
9. Season with salt, then put in the oven, cook for 1-1 1/2 hours.
10. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and tomatoes to simmer on the stove.
11. Cook for 1 hour, then remove and stir in vinegar. Season again with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
Got more recipe ideas? Let us know below.